Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday Photo-Childhood

 
 
 
This week's Wordsmith Studio Photo Prompt is Childhood. I decided to show you a couple of things that I have in my home that also were in my childhood home.
 
The first is a photograph of my maternal grandmother. My mother kept it on the buffet in the dining room. I keep it on a table in the living room. I didn't really know my grandmother, but I look like her. So much so that it gave me a start the first time I saw this picture.
 
The second piece is a lamp my mother had in the living room. I have it in my living room, too. I'm just giving you a taste of what it looks like. It has a yellow glass base, and I would say it is from the mid-1950's. I repainted the bottom area once and replaced the cord and socket. I'm trying to keep it going as long as I can.
 
What reminds you of childhood? Take a picture of it and post a link in the comments section on the Wordsmith Studio blog post. Thanks to Rebecca Barray for this prompt.
 
Follow me on Twitter or click the Join this Site link to follow this blog.


2 comments:

  1. I keep a pic of my maternal grandmother also! Great shot. The memories are important parts of our lives. I hope the lamp lives long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Carol. So far so good with the lamp!

    ReplyDelete