Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Frozen in Time


Frozen in Time

Frozen in time--
the day I
last saw you,
speaking eloquently
to so many friends.
Laughing and smiling.
Looking healthy, not
months away from
the final slide.
The years add up,
but I still
see you clearly.
Frozen in time.
Frozen in my mind.

Thanks to Dana Dampier for this week's Wordsmith  Studio Creative Prompt-Frozen. The prompt is posted each Thursday. Last Thursday, I went to the Donald J. Hall Sculpture Park on the grounds of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. It is one of my favorite places to write and take photographs. I took several pictures of the ice in the pool that is part of the sculpture One Sun/34 Moons by Walter De Maria. When I got home, I checked the prompt and knew I had a choice of several photos. I started working on the poem a little later.

Links



Follow me on Twitter or click the Join this Site link to follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment