Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Photo-Detailed



This is a close-up of an afghan that my Aunt Lydia crocheted for me. She was my father's sister, and we lived upstairs from her and Uncle John until I was about nine. They were like a second set of parents.
 
A lot of love went into all of those stitches. Each time I use the afghan, I feel like I'm getting another hug  from auntie.
 
Thanks to Veronica Roth for this week's Wordsmith Studio Photo Prompt. Take a picture of some of the details in your life, click on the link to the prompt and share a link to the photo in the comments.
 
Follow me on Twitter or click on the Join this Site link to follow this blog.



4 comments:

  1. I love detail photos because they're so mesmerizing. But, other than that, this is a very beautiful afghan and a sweet story to go with it. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sopphey. She gave me many special gifts, tangible and intangible!

      Delete
  2. I love the shapes in this; the ones that stood out for me were the waves and also the circular shapes in the lower left. It almost starts to look like something other than an afghan, but I feel the warmth and love radiating out. Nice photo - and nice story!

    ReplyDelete